Bramptons Butchers sources virtually all of its Beef, Lamb and Pork from farms in Sussex. The great thing about using local meat is that you can see that the animals are outside, roaming freely, eating grass and herbs on the South Downs. The farmers themselves take them to the abattoir ensuring that everything is stress-free. By purchasing Local, Free Range meats, you are helping Local Farmers and the Environment as well.
Our Beef comes from several different farms and we can offer different breeds such as:
- Limousin from Mr Gadd in Petworth
- Aberdeen Angus from Mr Smith at Holmes farm in Bexhill. These animals are all grass fed.
All our Beef is hung on the bone for 4 weeks before being butchered ready for sale.
Our lamb season starts April /May and finishes in January from then we have Hoggets which will take us through to the start of the next season. Our lambs come from:
- Farmer Mr James Fuggle, at Chessons farm in Wadhurst, East Sussex,
- Farmer Mr Martin Hole, at Montague farm in Pevensey, from July-December. These lambs are Salt Marsh Lambs which are amazing!
We source our free range pigs from:
- Plantation Pigs in Steyning who were the first pig farmers in the UK to use a completely free range system to rear pigs on a commercial scale.
We have 3 different producers of chicken in our shop.
- Suttons Hoos – Slow growing, totally Outdoor Reared Chickens, basically organic, except for the ‘Organic label’. These birds are able to roam around in 40 Acres of fields and woodland.
- Free Range Chickens from Devon.
- ‘Poulet Ordinaires’ from Suffolk. These birds are naturally reared and fed, and are not available in supermarkets.
During the game season, we source all of our game which includes Pheasant, Partridge, Mallard, Venison and Rabbit from Chanctonbury Game at North Farm in West Sussex.
Address: 114 St George’s Rd, Brighton BN2 1EA
Phone: 01273 682611